The Campbell Insurance story begins more than a century ago in 1918 when Walter Duval Campbell, Sr., founded Campbell Insurance in Lynchburg, Virginia. Seven years later, the business was incorporated and named its first officers and board with W.D. Campbell, Jr., as president, T.H. Fox, Jr., as vice president, and Fred Harper, secretary-treasurer.
Since then, Campbell’s ownership has passed through a very small group of dedicated professionals. The consistent thread through the years has been the loyalty, dedication, and the commitment of each employee to the clients we serve. In January 2010, Campbell made a major change: we became an employee-owned company. As an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) our team owns 100 percent of the agency stock and has a vested interest in each client.